Ghana’s Top 5 Real Estate Developers Revolutionizing the Industry
Buying a property in Ghana can be a stressful task. Thankfully, there are real estate companies in Ghana who are in the business of making this as easy as possible for you. From real estate brokers and agents who serve as consultants to developers who are in the business of finding the best locations to build residential and commercial real estate, these companies are a sure way to get the most value for your purchase. Ghana is experiencing a massive boom in real estate development with the rise of megastructures in Accra, as well as gated communities and estates with modern aesthetics. The companies at the forefront of this are real estate developers who are working tirelessly to close the real estate deficit by first acquiring lands, constructing homes and offices, investing in infrastructure, and then selling or renting out the properties they have built. This write-up is to highlight the relevant companies doing incredible work in Ghana’s real estate industry:
1. Adom City Estate: This is a real estate development company that develops houses for sale to the public. They aim to provide quality and affordable housing for middle-income earners. The company is a GREDA affiliated member with its registered office at Walantu Junction, adjacent to the Central District Police Station, Kasoa, and its site office at Tema Community 25, off the Tema Dawhenya Road.
2. Lakeside Estate: It takes the crown for providing affordable housing in Ghana. Having successfully acquired large tracts of land from the Nungua Stool in 1974, the company has been consistently building affordable real estate on the land. The company provides homes that cater to the residential needs of young families and professional individuals. Parts of the Lakeside Estate lands have been bought up and are being developed by other developers such as Xils Properties.
3. Trasacco Estate Development Company: Trasacco is one of the most well-known property developers in Ghana. Founded by an Italian businessman, Ernesto Taricone, Trasacco has built some of the most prominent real estate in highly sought-after neighborhoods in Accra. These include Trasacco Estate along the Accra Tema Motorway and the colorful Villagio Vista Apartments close to the Tetteh Quarshie Interchange.
4. Regimanuel Gray Limited: Regimanuel Gray is a household name in Ghana’s real estate sector. With dozens of gated communities spread across the capital, Accra, and the adjoining city, Tema, Regimanuel has over the years made a name for itself through the construction of classy apartments targeted at young and middle-income earners. The company is a partnership between a Ghanaian company, Regimanuel Limited, and a US company, GRAY, that was incorporated in 1990 with real estate development as the core of its business.
5. Devtraco and Devtraco Plus: Devtraco Limited is a leading real estate developer, offering a variety of properties ranging from affordable to high-end luxury homes. The company has two divisions: the well-known Devtraco limited, which offers affordable housing, and Devtraco Plus, which caters to the niche luxury real estate market. Some of their developments include the popular Devtraco courts, Acasia Townhouses, and the upcoming mixed-use development, Nova Plus in Roman Ridge.
As developers, they have a keen interest in meeting to some extent the current housing deficit in Ghana. They also believe that everyone deserves to own a home, hence their commitment to providing quality and affordable housing to every Ghanaian citizen.