Places To Visit In Accra – Accra Travel Guide
Accra, the capital city of Ghana, is a vibrant and lively city with a rich cultural heritage. From its beautiful beaches and lively nightlife to its rich history and cultural attractions, there is no shortage of things to do in Accra. Here are 10 activities that you can do while you’re in the city:
- Visit Independence Square: Independence Square, also known as Black Star Square, is a popular tourist destination in Accra. It was the site of Ghana’s independence ceremony in 1957 and is now home to a number of cultural events and festivals.
- Tour the Labadi Beach: Labadi Beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. It is also home to a number of restaurants, bars, and hotels. If you’re feeling adventurous, you can even go parasailing or try your hand at kiteboarding.
- Explore the James Town Lighthouse: The James Town Lighthouse is a popular tourist attraction in Accra. It was built in the 19th century and offers panoramic views of the city and the coast. Climb to the top of the lighthouse and take in the stunning views of the city and the ocean.
- Visit the Independence Arch: The Independence Arch is a popular landmark in Accra. It was built to commemorate Ghana’s independence from British rule and is a popular spot for tourists to take photos. Take a stroll around the arch and learn about the history of Ghana’s independence.
- Check out the Makola Market: The Makola Market is a bustling market in the center of Accra. It is a great place to shop for souvenirs and local crafts. From traditional clothing and handicrafts to fresh produce and spices, you’ll find everything you need at the Makola Market.
- Go on a tour of the Osu Castle: The Osu Castle, also known as the Danish Castle, is a popular tourist attraction in Accra. It was built in the 17th century and has a rich history as a slave trade fort. Take a guided tour of the castle and learn about its history and the role it played in the slave trade.
- Visit the W.E.B. Du Bois Memorial Centre: The W.E.B. Du Bois Memorial Centre is a museum dedicated to the life and work of W.E.B. Du Bois, a pioneering African American sociologist and civil rights activist. Take a tour of the museum and learn about Du Bois’s contributions to civil rights and social justice.
- Explore the Aburi Botanical Gardens: The Aburi Botanical Gardens are a beautiful spot for a leisurely walk or picnic. They are home to a variety of plants and trees, as well as a number of bird species. Take a walk through the gardens and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and beautiful surroundings.
- Visit the Achimota Forest Reserve: The Achimota Forest Reserve is a beautiful rainforest located just outside of Accra. It is a great place for birdwatching and hiking. Take a guided tour of the reserve and see some of the unique flora and fauna that call the rainforest home.
- Go on a tour of the Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park: The Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park is a popular tourist destination in Accra. It is home to a number of cultural and historical sites, including the mausoleum of Ghana’s first President, Kwame Nkrumah. Take a tour of the park and learn about the history and culture of Ghana.
There are many other activities to do in Accra, but these are just a few of the top things to do while
Are you moving to Accra? Check Blavior.com to book your property
5 Amazing neighborhoods in Accra right now. Check out Number 3 - Blavior
[…] dreams of building or buying their own house. In Accra, neighborhoods such as Dzorwulu, Spintex, East Legon, Cantonments, and Airport Residential Area quickly come to […]